Work with us!
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children? From rewarding work to a fun team and great environment in the heart of Stockholm. There are many reasons to join the Global Child Forum.
- Communications Specialist
- Benchmark Coordinator
Please see below for more information about the specific roles.
This is a great opportunity to join a passionate team dedicated to inspire and catalyse the corporate sector to adopt a children’s rights mindset and accelerate efforts aimed at creating a happier, healthier, and more sustainable world for children.
As Communications Specialist, you will create value for our organization by strengthening our communication through creating engaging content and storytelling around children’s rights and business. You will mainly be targeting the corporate sector and more specifically those companies considered the world’s most influential in reaching the SDG:s.
You will be a part of the communications team and work closely with the Head of Communications and the Digital Communications Manager. You are digitally knowledgeable and a skilled project manager who understands the connection between strategic communication and business results.
You will be an important asset to the Global Child Forum’s work both in building awareness around the issues, but also by promoting our benchmark reports, events, tools and services in order to achieve our target groups’ sustainability goals.
You will participate in many interesting projects together with different contact points both internally and externally.
- Content development – plan, produce and edit organization-wide content for distribution to our various target groups, primarily corporates, but also financial partners, the investment community, and other stakeholders. Content pieces can include social media posts, blogs, web texts, e-mail send outs, speeches, case studies and more.
- With the help of Head of Communications decide how to communicate and reinforce messages through all our communication channels.
- Drive traffic in social media through a social media strategy and regular postings, follow-up, and analytics.
- Identify emerging issues in the sustainability landscape that could impact our target groups.
- Review content produced by staff (proof-reading, editing, language/messaging choices) and set the bar for editorial excellence in report writing, presentations, speaking points, and all outreach materials.
- Support on developing the benchmark “brand” in all our channels.
- Ensure the validity and quality of our communication contacts.
The role demands great personal responsibility and initiative-taking, while you share our conviction that we will be better and more efficient working together as a team. You pay attention to detail and value quality execution.
To succeed in the role, you also have:
- Exam within communications or writing, including editing business texts in English.
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects and an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders with different areas of expertise and levels of seniority.
- Good understanding of media relations and social media, including driving and tracking engagement, web-text production, publishing, and analytics.
- You understand the importance of working with SEO, SEM and Google analytics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- We would prefer that you also have a good understanding of the corporate sustainability landscape, i.e., what drives big corporates with regards to sustainability.
In this recruitment Global Child Forum is cooperating with KIMM and for further information about the role please contact Recruitment Consultants Maggie Klingenstierna, Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Johanna Nyqwist, email@example.com.
Are you an analytical and meticulous person who is passionate about human rights and ready to make a difference in children’s lives? Then this role as a Benchmark Coordinator at Global Child Forum could be the right fit for you! Apply for the position today – selection is ongoing!
About the role
Global Child Forum is a Swedish non-profit foundation with headquarters in the heart of Stockholm. They bring together global leaders from business, civil society and government in order to spur action for social change around children’s rights. They interacts with large corporations and does not have any programme activities towards children. Their vision is a sustainable world where children’s rights are respected and supported by all stakeholders in society, so for this position, you should be committed to children’s rights and enjoy working with support of large corporations.
Their work is underpinned by the United Nations (UN) Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Children’s Rights and Business Principles, as well as by their own research and tools.
Global Child Forum is now looking for a Benchmark Coordinator to join their great team in Stockholm. The role will support and facilitate GCF’s production of the benchmark they conduct annually, as well as support their benchmark manager with administrative tasks. Your responsibility is to know the methodology, process and indicators of the benchmark in order to increase Global Child Forum’s stability and security in implementing the benchmark.
The most common tasks are:
- Helping companies to provide feedback through the Probench platform
- Responsible for benchmark emails and answering administrative questions from companies (in case of more difficult questions you will have support from the Benchmark Manager)
- Helping to ensure high quality of benchmark data, e.g. by doing “spot checks”
- Oversee which companies provide feedback and ensure that all information from the companies is included and reviewed
- Responsibility for updating the benchmark contact persons, e.g. ensuring that the right person is the primary contact
- Being able to answer simple questions about benchmark data internally
We are looking for:
- You with an Bachelor’s degree in human rights
- You with great knowledge of excel
- You that is fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in written and spoken Swedish is an advantage for this position
As a person, Gobal Child Forum expects you to be analytical and meticulous, as the work involves analysis and monitoring in large databases. You must be able to interpret and understand correlations and handle large amounts of data. You should have a background in sustainability/human rights so that you can demonstrate a theoretical understanding of what they do and have a genuine interest in it.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Stockholm, Gamla stan
- Working Hours: Full-time
The recruitment process is handled by Academic Work and the client’s preference is that all matters relating to the position are handled by Academic Work. We review the selection on an ongoing basis and the ad may be closed before the position is filled if we have moved to the selection and interview phase.
In this recruitment Global Child Forum is cooperating with Academic Work.
About Global Child Forum
Global Child Forum was founded in 2009 by the Swedish Royal Family, and is a leading platform for children’s rights and business dedicated to innovative thinking, knowledge-sharing and networking. Global Child Forum believes in the power and responsibility of business, working in partnership with all parts of society, to create a prosperous, sustainable and just society for the world’s children. In addition to forums, Global Child Forum delivers research perspectives, best practices and risk assessment tools designed to unlock opportunities for business to integrate children’s rights into their operations and communities. The Honorary Chairman of the Global Child Forum is H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf.